To normal people, it might seem absurd that there might be some songs that are forbidden in the guitar stores. But there are various articles on the internet that wipe away the doubts. However, are they really forbidden? And if they are, then why are some songs forbidden in guitar stores?
To people in the community, the term forbidden riff is not uncommon. It refers to the songs that are “banned” in the guitar stores. These are just beginner-friendly riffs or tunes that could be easily played. As a consequence, the famous riffs that are easy to play get overplayed in the guitar stores, which is a constant source of frustration for the managers and salesman. After all, you can only take so much maturity having their go on murdering fictional cats before you want to bash someone’s head. Preferably theirs.
However, there is one important thing: forbidden riffs are inside jokes for the guitar community.
Why Are Some Songs Forbidden In Guitar Stores?
As mentioned above, this is more of an inside joke than a ban. Most of the time, they started out from some movie, like the Stairway to Heaven, or some rumor that grew out in proportions, and the guitar community embraced it wholeheartedly in good humor. In other words, they are not banned, these songs are just treated as a joke as being banned.
Here are some of the reasons why some songs are “forbidden” in guitar stores.
- The song is very famous, and it has become an overplayed number in instrumental shops.
- The riff is incredibly easy to learn, even amateurs will attempt it.
- No one like to hear newbies murdering their favorite tune right in front of their eyes on guitar.
- It becomes a source of frustration and headache for the salesmen and managers.
- There is a plagiarism case going on regarding the song.
- There is a scandal attached to the song or the artist related to it.
- It is just a joke that is still going on due to the good humor of the guitar community.
Are Some Songs Really Forbidden In Guitar Stores?
Again, it is just a joke in the guitar community. If you play such songs in the guitar stores, you won’t be kicked out just for playing that riff. It is not exactly a crime, more of an inside joke. So don’t mind if someone jokes with you about these songs!
You May Also Like: Best Electronic Accordion
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What songs are forbidden in guitar stores?
Ans: Here is a list of songs that are forbidden in guitar stores.
- Stairway To Heaven – Led Zeppelin
- Smoke On The Water – Deep Purple
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns ‘N Roses
- The House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals
- Enter Sandman – Metallica
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Back In Black – AC/DC
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
- Crazy Train – Ozzy Osbourne
Q: What are the best guitars for beginners?
Ans: Here is a list of the best guitars for beginners.
- Squier Classic Vibe ‘50s Stratocaster
- Gretsch G2622 Streamliner
- Yamaha Pacifica 112V
- Squier Bullet Mustang HH
You May Also Like: Best Accordions for beginners