A lot of effort goes into the process of producing music. The more the effort, the better the piece produced. But the effort of the musician is not enough on its own. Technology makes it possible to help in the production process; it more than boosts its quality, which is why good pairing technology is necessary. And the most important one is the computer or laptop. And as Apple products have always been considered the cream of the crop, the question arises: is the MacBook pro suitable for music production?
What Is MacBook Pro?
That is a silly question, considering that only a person living under a rock would not have heard of it for the last few decades. The famous MacBook Pro is a series of Macintosh notebooks by the famous Apple Inc. The pro series focuses on the higher-end products of all the notebooks produced by Apple. Currently, there are 5 generations of MacBook Pro in existence. The 5th generation MacBook Pro was released in October 2021. The sizes of notebooks were 14 and 16 inches. They are the first MacBooks to be available with an Apple silicon system on a chip. They are powered by either M1 Pro or M1 Max chips and re-introduced MagSafe, function keys, and other elements removed from the previous models.
You May Also Like: best tablet controlled mixer
Is The MacBook Pro Good For Music Production?
Let’s see it from another angle; how long has it been since you have seen a musician using anything other than a MacBook for the music production process? The answer is a long, long time. Even if we don’t include music production for use, this quality is impressive. In fact, these laptops are one of the most secure and private laptops in the world.
Here are some reasons why MacBook Pro is suitable for music production.
- MacBook Pro has awesome sound cards. Well, they don’t precisely have soundcards like windows where they can be swapped. Instead, they have the equivalent technology that works best on Macs rather than windows.
- Having better sound cards as a standard means that the latency issues would decrease significantly while recording. Hence, MacBook Pro is much better for sound production than windows computer.
- MacBook Pro comes with its own DAW, Logic X Pro. While other DAWs are not worse than this one, having Logic X Pro is not exactly a benefit; instead, it is a preference. However, that does not mean that you can’t use any other DAW because you can get it without any problem.
- Other than that, MacBook Pro is lightweight, powerful, has an excellent design, has a great battery, is reliable, and is a good brand.
To summarize, MacBook Pro is the best piece of technology. It is, beyond any doubt, the best laptop you can buy for music production.
You May Also Like: best busking amp
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are there any precautions I should take while using MacBook Pro?
A: Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Always choose the best MacBook Pro that you can
- Splurge CPU and RAM, as that will make or break the deal. Ideally, you will need an i7 with 16GB and a 512GB SSD.
- Keep your sample libraries and project files on an external drive as a backup.
- Never download or install cracked or pirated software onto your MacBook. If you do, then you are responsible for your stupidity.
- As common sense dictates, keep the music production Mac off the internet.
- Ensure that you have enough external storage to keep at least a month of backups at hand. Back up the backup drive to cloud once a week min.
- Keep it that way once you have a system that works great for you. Do not update it.
Which MacBook Pro Should I Buy For Music Production?
Here are some laptops from the MacBook Pro series you should consider.
- 2021 Apple MacBook Pro (14-inch)
- 2021 Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch)
- Apple MacBook Pro MXK72LLA
- Apple MacBook Pro 13.3″
You May Also Like: best amp for klipsch rp-600m