MacBooks have become a staple of our lives. Although there are many other laptops and computers that are suitable for gaming, music production, and many other things, Mac has the honor of being an all-rounder. It is the reason why many musicians prefer Mac over any other computer. Thus, every beginner tries to buy one. However, How do you edit music on a Mac?
How Do You Edit Music On A Mac:
Although you can buy and install any DAW or download free music production software, on Mac, you don’t need to. That’s because Mac comes with a preinstalled DAW; the famous GarageBand. It’s completely free; however, you would need to pay for its updated version, the Logic X Pro or Logic Pro.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to mix music on your Mac.
- Open the GarageBand.
- On its interface, click on New Project.
- Click on Loops, and then hit the Choose
- A window will pop open. In the Save As box, type the name of your new song.
- You can also specify the location of where you want to save that new project in the Where
- Down below, you can change the scales according to your preferences, like Tempo, Keys, Signature, bpm
- Hit Create and get ready to start music mixing.
- A window will open. In the bottom right corner, click the button for View/ Hide the Media Browser. This will show your whole music menu.
- Click on any song you want to choose to see the preview, and then drag it to the middle of the window.
- Now, go to the bottom right corner again and click on the eye-shaped icon to open different types of mixes that you can add to your selected song.
- Click on the mixes to preview them you can also go to Master Track to add advanced mixes and effects.
- Save the song after all the editing. And you are done.
You can just do one of these three things after opening the Audio Editor.
- Go to GarageBand. In the Tracks area, double click on the audio region.
- Select an audio track of your choice, and then click on the Editors button in the control bar.
- Select the audio track and choose View > Show Editor.
How To Mix Music On Mac For Free:
Actually, the above-mentioned guide also works for mixing music on Mac for free. But for more information, see How To Mix Music On Mac For Free
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Does Mac come with an audio editor?
Ans: Of course, it does. And it’s the same one we discussed above; GarageBand. It is absolutely free and comes with every Mac. However, to access its better version, the Logic Pro, you need to pay.
Q: What are the best Macs for Music Production?
Ans: Here are some of the best laptops from both the Pro and Air series that are suitable for music production.
- 2021 Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch)
- 2021 Apple MacBook Pro (14-inch)
- 2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop
You May Also Read: Macbook Air M1 8GB Vs 16GB Music Production