Mac computers are pretty much common these days. It would be difficult to find a musician who does not use a Mac. A lot of DAWs and music production software can be installed on the computer without any fuss, but does Mac have an audio editor? And if it does, then is it free and preinstalled, or do you have to install it yourself? Keep reading to find out!
What Is An Audio Editor?
An Audio is basically software that displays the audio waveform of the regions on an audio track. On this, you can do many things like copy, paste, move, split, trim, join audio regions, etc. with the help of the Audio Editor grid, you can also align edits precisely with specific points in time.
Does Mac Have An Audio Editor:
Well of course it does. It’s called the GarageBand, a free Apple music mixing software that comes preinstalled on every MacBook. There are better versions of this audio editor, the famous Logic Pro, and Logic X Pro, but you would have to pay to get them installed on your computer.
The GarageBand is extremely easy-to-use music mixing audio editor that even beginners can operate. In fact, for newcomers who have a Mac computer, it is advised to use this DAW before they upgrade to another one.
Then there is another audio editor called Audacity. It is also a free audio editor for Macs that is open-sourced, straight a forward interface, and capability of supporting a massive number of files. However, it is not preinstalled.
You May Also Read: How to transfer vst plugins to new computer mac
How To Use Audio Editor On Mac?
To produce a track on the Audio editor of Mac, you need to follow the following steps.
- Open the GarageBand.
- On its interface, click on New Project.
- Click on Loops, and then hit the Choose
- A window will pop open. In the Save As box, type the name of your new song.
- You can also specify the location of where you want to save that new project in the Where
- Down below, you can change the scales according to your preferences, like Tempo, Keys, Signature, bpm
- Hit Create and get ready to start music mixing.
- A window will open. In the bottom right corner, click the button for View/ Hide the Media Browser. This will show your whole music menu.
- Click on any song you want to choose to see the preview, and then drag it to the middle of the window.
- Now, go to the bottom right corner again and click on the eye-shaped icon to open different types of mixes that you can add to your selected song.
- Click on the mixes to preview them you can also go to Master Track to add advanced mixes and effects.
- Save the song after the editing.
You May Also Read: How to mix music on mac for free
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Does Mac come with audio recording software?
Ans: Yes, and it is called QuickTime. It is an inbuilt utility in macOS which can be for recording audio. Although usually, it is used for video or audio playback, it will serve your purpose for recording. Additionally, it also allows you to record videos using a webcam or any other connected device.
Q: Is Logic Pro free for Mac?
Ans: Well, it’s free if you are upgrading. But if you are a new customer, you need to shell out $199.99, which seems a reasonable price for musicians. The basic requirements for starting with Logic Pro 10.7, you need to have a recent Mac running macOS 11.0 or later, and 6GB of free space for the base program.
You May Also Like: How do you edit music on a mac